The Environmental Stewardship Toolkit
|Availability:||In stock (10)|
By Anthony L Williams, CGCS, CGM
This highly practical guide covers the full complement of tools green industry professionals need to create a successful environmental program on golf courses and grounds. Written by a leading golf course superintendent and grounds manager, The Environmental Stewardship Toolkit offers a comprehensive analysis of all relevant issues, including environmental management, resource management, community engagement, and document management.
The emphasis throughout is on the development of programs that are both sustainable and practical, combining the protection and renewal of environmental systems with a workable business plan. Regulatory issues as well as concerns of owners, customers, and the community at large are also addressed. Clear, pragmatic, up-to-the-minute coverage includes:
- Numerous illustrations, photos, and customizable templates and checklists that readers can use in their own projects
- A system for sorting projects into green, greener, and greenest in order to tailor implementation for different budgets and project complexity
- An in-depth look at site assessment, water quality and conservation, integrated pest management, and wildlife habitat management
- Guidance for developing green public relations and communications skills to promote the project in the community
- Field-tested procedures for building a state-of-the art documentation system for capturing, organizing, and disseminating information
A must-read for golf course superintendents, irrigation specialists, turfgrass specialists, and grounds managers, The Environmental Stewardship Toolkit is also useful for landscape architects and designers, grounds owners, developers, builders, contractors, and anyone wishing to be on the cutting edge of sustainability in the green industry.